- How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
- How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
- What are the Email Sharing blocks?
- Can I create my own templates?
- What is the block list?
- How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
- How do I view emails by Program or Member?
- Where can I see my email statistics and history?
- I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
- How do I resend an email?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
To change the delivery name and email, select Settings > Branding > Email or click here. Under Outbound Email Settings, enter your From Name and From Email Address and select Save.
- From Name is the name that will display instead of an email address when members or referrals receive an email in regards to your referral program.
- From Email Address (and reply-to) is the email address from which your program emails will be sent. If members or referrals reply to program emails, this is also the inbox for all replies. If your From Name is specified, your From Email Address will be replaced by it.
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
To add your logo to Referral Rock emails, navigate to Settings > Branding > Email or click here and select Template Settings under Email Templates. Here you can upload your company logo under Email Template Logo URL and Save.
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Inside of any Email Editor in Referral Rock, you will see the option to add pre-built sharing blocks into your emails. These sharing blocks allow your Members to share via social media, text and email directly from the emails they receive.
Can I create my own templates?
Absolutely! To create your own custom template, navigate to Settings > Branding > Email or click here and select Add Template under Email Templates. Here you can name the template, insert your raw HTML, and use our merge tags to personalize your email. For more information on our email template elements please visit our Template Elements Reference Guide. Make sure you Save before exiting!
What is the block list?
There are a few ways an email address will end up on your block list:
- The member or referral unsubscribes from all emails in their email preferences page.
- The admin unsubscribes a member or referral from all emails in the member or referral details using the edit button next to "Unsubscribed to All".
- An API call is made to the POST API/email/unsubscribe endpoint with the email address to unsubscribe from all.
To view or remove a blocked email address go to Settings > Email Block List or click here.
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
The best way to prevent spam and change the email address is by setting up a From Email Address and Authorized Sending Domain. Your Email Sending Domain is the gray text next to your business name in an email. Changing your From Email Address. However, deliverability will only be improved when you add the same domain that is included in that email address as your authorized sending domain. For example, if you set your From Email Address to email@example.com, you will need to add example.com as an Authorized Sending Domain.
- Set your From Email Address
- Select Settings > Branding > Email or click here.
- Enter your From Email Address (and reply-to) and Save.
- Authorize your Sending and Bounce Domains
- Select Settings > Branding > Advanced Email or click here.
- Select Add Sending Domain and enter the proper domain (ex. yourdomain.com) and follow the instructions to verify your domain.
- Select Add Bounce Domain and enter the proper bounce domain (ex. bounce.yourdomain.com) and follow the instructions to verify your domain.
Another option is to disable the built-in email form to force users to share through their own email address. This has the benefit of avoiding spam, while also increasing open rates as the email is from someone's address that they know.
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
To view emails by Program:
- Select Programs > click the desired program.
- Select either View Email History to view the Email Log for this particular program, or View Email Campaigns to view all campaigns for this program.
To view emails by Member:
- Select Members > List or click here.
- Select View Email History to view this member's detailed Email Log across all programs they are part of.
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
Navigate to Logs > Email History or click here. The Email Log shows you the overall statistics and email messages sent across all active programs. Above the general statistics, you can see a dropdown menu that allows you to filter by email type.
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
To check your email history, including statuses (delivered, opened, clicked, undelivered, and pending) select Logs > Email History or click here. Here you can filter through all emails. Undelivered emails may show that they have bounced. Clicking on the email address or status will bring up detailed information.
For example, the following email bounced. Here you can determine why. In this example, the email address does not exist.
How do I resend an email?
- To resend any email, navigate to Logs > Email History or click here and locate the email in question.
- Click on the email address or the status to bring up the email details. Under Status, there is a blue button which opens your resend options.
- Check the appropriate resend options as seen below.
- Make sure both fields are unchecked to resend to the same email address, using the same delivery method (i.e. Sendgrid) as the original email.
- Check only the first option to resend to an alternate email address, using the same delivery method as the original email.
- Check the second option only to resend to same email address, using an alternate delivery method.
- Check both options to resend to an alternate email address and to use an alternate delivery method.
- Edit the Subject of the email if you would like, and select Send.