2017-2019 Release Notes
The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
Program Setup: Design Guide
New User Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Migration Checklist from old referral system to Referral Rock
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Referral Page (Web Page Builder)
Referral Page (Redirect)
Emails & Notifications
Registration Page (Classic)
Login and Reset Pages (Classic)
Member Page (Classic)
Referral Page (Overview)
Referral Page (Classic Form)
Referral Page (Classic Landing)
Email Editor v2
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Self Service (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Email Payouts (Coupons)
Using PayPal Escrow
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce v2
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Salesforce to Referral Rock Integration (Classic Version)
Facebook and Google SSO (Member Portal Classic)
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
Can a Customer Success Manager help me through my trial?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
Account & Billing
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What do the team roles mean?
Where can I upgrade my subscription?
Where can I pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my invoices and billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my data and statistics?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text template in the email invitation a member sends?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I add a video to my program?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
What do the Suggestion and Warning alerts on my Program Overview page mean?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
How can I limit the referral program so only our current customers can participate?
What is the difference between the Site view and the Widget View on the member classic pages?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
Are member referral codes case sensitive?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses that referrals can be in Referral Rock?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
What is the difference between a Payout and the program's Reward Rules?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my PayPal account?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa card from Tango?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I create a Member Segment?
What filters can I use to narrow down my Member list for a segment?
Can I edit or delete a segment?
When do I use a Member Segment?
What are member segments?
How can I view a list of all Members that are included in a segment?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
Image Dimensions (Classic Member Pages)
Table of Contents
Updated by Tyra Earl
Release notes from our Q3 2020 product releases
November 19th, 2020
- Updated Postman URL on Integration page and in API documentation
- PayPal Add Funds modal text updates
- Recurring Rewards and Referral Actions (DARK)
- Member and Referral rewards now have separate sections and the referral's relevant Program Activities are displayed on the Referral Details page
- Member Portal 2.0 Pending Referrals Label is now Total Referrals Label and the default text is now Referrals
- Conversion script will now properly trigger when using only external ID
- Conversion Postback link on the Integrations page no longer results in error when opening
- Removed "All Programs" option from unnecessary dropdowns
November 12th, 2020
- Dashboard line chart for Invites Sent now include Invite Campaigns
- Invite Campaign page UI improvements
- HubSpot connections can now be easily removed and reconnected
- Minor HubSpot UI improvements
- Added metadata tag to Referral Page 2.0 sites for additional Internet Explorer compatibility support
- Total email count statistic is now correct for all clients
November 6th, 2020
- Import file size limit warning is now visible on all imports
- Import validation and preview now displays examples up to 500 rows of the CSV
- When creating or viewing a reward, you now have the option to Issue Now or Later, leaving the reward in Pending status
- HubSpot Sender now properly adds referral and member custom field mapping when adding a contact to HubSpot
- New Salesforce account connection now properly creates Salesforce custom fields when using the Sender to create Leads or Contacts
- Fixes to Salesforce Receiver status triggers
- Referral Page 2.0 now displays properly on Internet Explorer
October 29th, 2020
- Company Name can now be added to Referral Add and Referral Update imports
- Users can now remove HubSpot and Salesforce connections
- Imports have been improved and are less prone to timeouts
- Hashed API key creation and deletion now properly displays in Configuration Activities
- Security improvements
- Old Dashboardv2 URL now properly redirects to the user's Dashboard 2.0 and does not cause a 404 error
October 22nd, 2020
- Custom Domain proxy is enabled by default for new clients with custom domain included in their plan for increased performance and stability
- Dashboard 1.0 has been deprecated
- UI adjustments for modals and menus for new Admin Master Page v2
- New HubSpot CRM UI
- Admin Notification - Referral Add Notify email now properly sends the most recent published version of the email
- Email Editor v2 iframe height has been fixed on Firefox
- Creating a new Payout with a New Reward List coupon no longer results in an error
- Member Portal 2.0 currency sign no longer displays on the Referrals tab
- Brand new reward rules when using Email Editor v2 no longer show a migration email
October 13th, 2020
- API documentation update to reflect Private API key hashing
- UI updates throughout Admin pages
- Framework update
- Updated Program drop downs for consistency
- Database updates
- Referral Rock Private API keys will be hashed going forward
- Using the Access Script when Password Protection is enabled now properly brings the Member to the dashboard on Chrome
- "First Interaction" conversion setting now properly attributes the referral to the first member's link clicked
- Email Editor v2 issue resolved related to program cloning
- Resolved network error when on a Member Portal page with no set favicon
- Auto Ask rule Email Editor v2 Invite email preview no longer causes errors
- Logging on to a Canceled account no longer creates an unnecessary Configuration Activity event
- Dashboard 2.0 divider line is no longer missing