2017-2019 Release Notes
The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
Program Setup: Design Guide
New User Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Migration Checklist from old referral system to Referral Rock
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Referral Page (Web Page Builder)
Referral Page (Redirect)
Emails & Notifications
Registration Page (Classic)
Login and Reset Pages (Classic)
Member Page (Classic)
Referral Page (Overview)
Referral Page (Classic Form)
Referral Page (Classic Landing)
Email Editor v2
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Self Service (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Email Payouts (Coupons)
Using PayPal Escrow
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce v2
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Salesforce to Referral Rock Integration (Classic Version)
Facebook and Google SSO (Member Portal Classic)
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
Can a Customer Success Manager help me through my trial?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
Account & Billing
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What do the team roles mean?
Where can I upgrade my subscription?
Where can I pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my invoices and billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my data and statistics?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text template in the email invitation a member sends?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I add a video to my program?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
What do the Suggestion and Warning alerts on my Program Overview page mean?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
How can I limit the referral program so only our current customers can participate?
What is the difference between the Site view and the Widget View on the member classic pages?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
Are member referral codes case sensitive?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses that referrals can be in Referral Rock?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
What is the difference between a Payout and the program's Reward Rules?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my PayPal account?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa card from Tango?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I create a Member Segment?
What filters can I use to narrow down my Member list for a segment?
Can I edit or delete a segment?
When do I use a Member Segment?
What are member segments?
How can I view a list of all Members that are included in a segment?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
Image Dimensions (Classic Member Pages)
Table of Contents
Updated by Tyra Earl
When you start to promote your referral program you may want to allow certain users access to registration, but not every user. These pre-approved Members will be able to complete registration, while other users will become either a Pending member, or automatically denied registration according to your program's Registration Mode settings.
When you add a pre-approved member to the Invites list and they then go to your Registration page to register for that program, they will be able to successfully register. If the user is not on the pre-approved list, one of two things will happen, depending on your Registration Mode settings:
- Using Request Registration - any unapproved Members will see the preset registration request message. You can review Pending Member registration requests by navigating to Members > Pending > Requests or click here, and select Approve, Deny, or Delete.
- Using Closed Registration - any people who attempt to register and are not on the pre-approved list will be automatically denied registration.
Adding Pre-Approved Members
To add pre-approved Members, navigate to Members > Pre-Approved or click here.
On the blue bar, you may manually Add or Import pre-approved Members.
- Select Add.
- Select the Program you'd like to add the pre-approved Member to.
- Fill out the Member's First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and the optional External Identifier fields.
- Select Add to complete the addition. You will see the member listed on your Invited Members page.
- Select Import.
- Select the Program you'd like to import a list of pre-approved Members to.
- Select your CSV. You may use our Pre-Approved Member CSV example here. Select Next.
- Keep the Delimiter as , and select Next.
- Double check that the Import Preview looks correct. If correct, select Import. You can then view the status of your import by viewing your Import History.
Invite Email Campaigns
Informing your pre-approved members of your program and inviting them to register is key to promotion. Referral Rock makes this easy by allowing you to send an email campaign to your Pre-Approved (Invited) Member list, or import the list while creating the email in one step.
Create an Invite Email Campaign
- Navigate to Members > Email Campaigns or click here.
- Select the Create an Invite Campaign button.
- Name your campaign, and select the associated Program. Select Next.
- Select your Recipients. You may either Import a new pre-approved list and follow the Import steps earlier in this article, or select a list of Existing Pre-Approved Members. When choosing an existing list you will be able to choose the number of contacts from that list and see a preview of the pre-approved members that will receive your Invite Email. When your recipients look correct, select Next.
- Here you may change your Reply To email address, choose an Email Template, add a Subject line, and design your Invite Email. Once you are satisfied with your email, select Next.Make sure this email explains your program and why they should register. Use our Merge Tags for an extra personal touch!
- Choose to send the Invite Campaign Now or to Schedule a date and time.
- Push Send to send or schedule your Invite Campaign!