Using Formsite to capture referral information is ideal for any sales process that requires leads to fill out a form. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to redirect referrals to your form and to track referral form completions.
Setting up the Referral Redirect Page
Step 1: Obtain your Formsite form link. The steps are outlined below.
- Log in to your Formsite account and choose the form that you want to send referrals to.
- Click on the Share tab.
- Select Links from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Select Form Link provided on the page and save it for the next step.
Step 2: Now that you have the form link that you want to send referrals to, it's time to set this as the referral page in Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page or click here and choose Redirect for Referral Capture.
- Click on the Redirect URL button and paste the form link from step 1.
- Click save.
Referral Conversion Tracking in Formsite
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with Formsite is tracking conversions on your form. This will tell us which referral filled out the form, which member sent them, and any information we choose to send back from the form submission to Referral Rock.
We will be passing information back to Referral Rock using pipes. These are Formsite's way of referencing information submitted with the form. To learn more about piping information with Fomsite, check out this article. A list of pipes can be found in Formsite by by clicking Insert Pipe in Formsite Settings > Success Pages > Standard Success Page.
Once you find your list of pipes, add the pipes next to the correct parameter in the Formsite Event Script below. Your event script should look like the example script on the bottom of the page with different pipe numbers. After your event script is fully configured continue to the steps below.
- Login to your Formsite account and select your referral form.
- Click the Form Settings tab.
- Select Success Pages from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Select Standard Success Page for the Page Type and click the message text box.
- In the text box, click the Source Code Button (it looks like <>).
- Add your Formsite Event Script (example below) with the parameter references to the source code editor.
- Click Save at the top right of the form.
Formsite Example Event Script
firstname, lastname, fullname, companyname, email, externalidentifier, amount, referralcode, phone, note, publicnote, preferredcontact, customoption1name, customoption2name, customtext1name, customtext2name, customtext3name, customoption1value, customoption2value, customtext1value, customtext2value, customtext3value