Integrating your Referral Rock program with Gumroad is simple. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to provide referrals with coupons for use in your Gumroad store and to track referral purchases.
Setting Up a Static Gumroad Coupon Code for Referrals
Step 1: Follow these instructions to create a coupon ("offer") code in Gumroad. Gumroad gives you plenty of options for customizing coupon code behavior in your store, so spend some time setting up the coupon just the way you want! Make sure you add the offer field to your Gumroad purchase form so that customers have a place to enter the code. After you've done this, take note of the code that you created to paste into the next step.
Step 2: Now that you have a coupon code that works in Gumroad, it's time to put it into Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page and choose Landing for Referral Capture.
- In Page > Layout Options, click Yes under Display a code to referral, click Static Code, and then paste your Gumroad code into the box below.
You'll want to spend some time customizing the landing page to make it perfect. The goal of the landing page is to give referrals a quick overview of your business, provide them with the static coupon code, and then pass them on to your store via the CTA button. Due to some limitations, Gumroad doesn't let us track more than the purchase amount. That said, we'll still be able to track conversions with this purchase amount to the member that sent the referral.
Referral Conversion Tracking in Gumroad
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with Gumroad is tracking conversions. This will tell us when a referral purchases from you, the dollar value of their purchase, and who the member was that referred them. In this case, we'll be using the Image Postback method to send data back to Referral Rock.
- Log in to your Gumroad Account.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings Page.
- Add your Referral Rock Postback URL (created in the steps below) to the box.
- Hit Save.
To build your Postback URL:
- Find your example Postback URL here.
- Select from the beginning https all the way up to the ?.
- After the ?, add the following: amount=$VALUE
- Add the Postback URL to the box in step 5 above.