The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
New User Guide
Program Setup: Design Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Program Editor Overview
Member Sharing Experience
Referral Page (Hosted Landing Page)
Referral Page (Webpage Redirect)
Creating Reward Rules
Emails & Notifications
Using our Email Editor
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Business (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Recurring Rewards FAQs
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Zapier- General Overview
Zapier - Referral Update
Zapier - Referral Add
Zapier - Add Potential Invite
WPForms (WordPress Forms)
Hubspot Form on a Hubspot Page
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
What are Member Segments?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
How do I find my API keys?
Do you integrate with MailChimp?
Account & Billing
What is included in my Referral Rock plan?
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What are the team permission levels for my account?
Where can I upgrade, pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my Member & Referral data?
Are gift cards and PayPal included in my plan?
How can I edit my Member Portal's Accessibility settings?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text for the email, text or social share options?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
Can I limit my referral program registration?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
What is Single Sign On (SSO)?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
Can my members have more than one referral link?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses for referrals?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually create or issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I bulk issue rewards?
Are there fees associated with using Tango?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa / Mastercard card?
Can I fund my gift card account in a currency other than USD?
What happens if a PayPal reward goes unclaimed?
What do Gift Card rewards look like for the recipient?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
2017-2019 Release Notes
Table of Contents
Updated by Tyra Earl
Email Campaigns are a great way to promote your referral program to your existing members directly from inside of Referral Rock. Email Campaigns allows for flexibility to send messages to Members based on profile characteristics or through our Member Segments feature. Using Email Campaigns with Member Segments, you can target your campaign message in many ways.
A few popular examples of Email Campaigns are:
- Reach out to the members that have provided referrals to encourage them to continue sharing.
- Remind members that have never made a referral to share their link, and offer easy sharing options straight in the email.
- Inspire your members who have not logged into their dashboard in a while to share and view their statistics.
- Share any program updates with your Members (new incentives, a bonus for sharing more, etc)
Create an Email Campaign
- Select Members > Email Campaigns or click here.
- Click Create a Member Campaign.
- Name your Campaign and select a template.
- Enter Email Subject and Customize email to your liking.Using our merge tags to personalize your email will make the member feel welcome to your program. Consider including the Member Footer or a Sharing Block so your members can get started sharing right away.
- Select Next to choose the relevant program and click Add.
- Either select an existing Member Segment from the drop down menu, or select + Add under "Choose an existing Member Segment or Filter" to add a Filter. You can continue adding filters to narrow down which Members you would like to reach with your campaign.
- All Members that match your Program and Filters will appear under Recipients. You may manually exclude members in this list by checking the Exclude box next to that Member's name.
- Select Next. You can test the email by entering an email and selecting Send Test.
- Select Next. Here you can choose to send the emails now (Send) or schedule a time (Save). If you select, 'Send' your emails will be placed in a queue to be sent out as soon as possible. Depending on load, this may take several minutes to complete.
View, Edit, Clone, Cancel, or Delete a Campaign
Select Members > Email Campaigns or click here.
- View the campaign's details
- Edit a campaign Draft
- Clone a campaign
- Delete a Draft campaign
- Cancel a Scheduled campaign