Integrating your Referral Rock program with Volusion is simple. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to provide referrals with coupons for use in your Volusion store and to track referral purchases.
Setting Up a Static Volusion Coupon Code for Referrals
Step 1: Follow these instructions to create a coupon code in Volusion. Volusion gives you plenty of options for customizing coupon code behavior in your store, so spend some time setting up the coupon just the way you want! After you save the coupon, take note of the code that you created.
Step 2: Now that you have a coupon code that works in Volusion, it's time to put it into Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page or click here and choose Landing for Referral Capture.
- In Page > Layout Options, click Yes under Display a code to referral, click Static Code, and then paste your Volusion code into the box below.
You'll want to spend some time customizing the landing page to make it perfect. The goal of the landing page is to give referrals a quick overview of your business, provide them with the static coupon code, and then pass them on to your store via the CTA button.
Referral Conversion Tracking in Volusion
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with Volusion is tracking conversions on your store. This will tell us which referral purchased from your store, the dollar value of their purchase, and who the member was that referred them so that you can reward that member.
- Navigate to your Volusion Dashboard.
- Click on the article ID number and then click the HTML editor icon for the Article Body.
- Enter your Volusion Event Script (example below) in the box.
- Click Save.
Volusion Example Event Script
Automating Referral Approval in Referral Rock
Back in Referral Rock, you'll want to ensure that referrals are automatically approved.
- In the Program Editor > Referral or click here > Conversion Settings > Settings,
- Click the Yes box under Automatically approve referral?
- When you create member rewards, ensure you are using the Approved Referral Status as the event trigger for the reward.