Referral Rock uses Tango Card to create escrow accounts for Payouts. The great part about Tango Card is that it allows you to send automatic e-gift cards to Members and Referrals.
Managing Gift Cards
> Navigation: Main Admin Page > Settings > Payouts
Setting up a gift card payout and adding funds is as easy as following the steps below.
- Manage Account: If you have gift cards enabled, it will appear directly below Email Rewards.
- Create an Account: This will create an escrow account for payout.
- Add Funds to Your Account: In order for rewards to be issued to your Members or Referrals, there must be a balance on in your Tango account. You can do so by either funding your account using a credit card or ACH wire transfer. If you have added funds to your Tango account, your available balance will display on your Account Summary page.
- Add New Payout: Specify name, gift card fulfillment type and edit rewards notification email.
- Add Gift Card as a Payout: This is done on the Rewards Settings page of the program editor.
Adding Funds to Your Account
To distribute rewards using your Tango account, you must have the funds available to do so. There are two ways to add funds to your Tango Card escrow account: by using a credit card or by making a ACH/Wire transfer.
Adding a Credit Card
To fund your Tango account with a credit card:
- Click Manage Credit Cards under Tango Settings. You can add a credit card, add funds to your Tango account from your credit card, and delete saved credit cards on this page.
- Once you have added a credit card, click the Add Funds button, specify the amount you want to add, enter the security code on the back of your card.
- Click Submit.
Making an ACH/Wire Transfer
You also have the option of funding your account via ACH/wire transfer. The instructions needed to complete the wire transfer is found by selecting ACH/Wire Transfer on the Gift Card Account Summary page.
Add Gift Cards as Payouts
> Navigation: Main Admin Page > Programs > Select Program > Edit Rewards > Edit Payouts
- Once you have added funds to your account, return to the Payouts page and click Add Payout.
- Choose Gift Card Fulfillment as your payout and add a description (or name) that will distinguish this reward fulfillment method from any others you may have already created.
- Choose a gift card option and edit the email the Member will receive when rewards are issued.
- Go to your [Rewards Settings] and add your payout method to your Referral Rewards program.
Gift Card Options
Referral Rock offers a number of e-gift card options for rewards payouts, including:
- Amazon Gift Cards (USD, CAD, UK, DE, FR, IT, JP, ES)
- Store Gift Cards
- Reward Link (This allows the user to choose from dozens of gift cards, including donations. Tango Card was replaced by Reward Link in the latest version of Tango)
- Visa Prepaid (USD, CAD)
- Mastercard Prepaid (AUD, GBP)
- Starbucks Gift Cards
Choosing the Reward Link option lets the member choose their own gift card or donation. Reward Link offers a wide variety of store gift cards that can be redeemed by members. For a full list of supported gift cards, visit Tango's Reward Link Catalog.
Gift cards are fulfilled via email and will include all instructions needed for the Member or Referral to activate the card and redeem their rewards. Once the gift card is issued, funds on the gift card stay on the gift card, whether the funds are used or not.
Gift cards are issued and supported by Tango card. You can find their support page here.
The gift card options shown are the most common gift cards users ask for. Is there a gift card that you like to use that isn’t on this list? Let us know!
Refunds from Escrow Account
If you decide to cancel your Referral Rock subscription and there are still funds in your Escrow Account, contact your customer success manager or the Referral Rock support team to request a refund. We'll need the following information:
- Primary Contact's Name, Email and Phone Number
- Physical Business Address
- Preferred Refund Method (Wire Transfer, Check or Credit Card (only if there was an original charge associated with your account)
There are no additional fees for returning funds and refunds take up to 2-3 weeks.
If a gift card has already been processed then it is considered a final sale and can't be canceled or refunded.