The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
New User Guide
Program Setup: Design Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Program Editor Overview
Member Sharing Experience
Referral Page (Hosted Landing Page)
Referral Page (Webpage Redirect)
Creating Reward Rules
Emails & Notifications
Using our Email Editor
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Business (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Recurring Rewards FAQs
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Zapier- General Overview
Zapier - Referral Update
Zapier - Referral Add
Zapier - Add Potential Invite
WPForms (WordPress Forms)
Hubspot Form on a Hubspot Page
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
What are Member Segments?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
How do I find my API keys?
Do you integrate with MailChimp?
Account & Billing
What is included in my Referral Rock plan?
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What are the team permission levels for my account?
Where can I upgrade, pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my Member & Referral data?
Are gift cards and PayPal included in my plan?
How can I edit my Member Portal's Accessibility settings?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text for the email, text or social share options?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
Can I limit my referral program registration?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
What is Single Sign On (SSO)?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
Can my members have more than one referral link?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses for referrals?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually create or issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I bulk issue rewards?
Are there fees associated with using Tango?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa / Mastercard card?
Can I fund my gift card account in a currency other than USD?
What happens if a PayPal reward goes unclaimed?
What do Gift Card rewards look like for the recipient?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
2017-2019 Release Notes
Table of Contents
Updated by Amber Liggett
Referral Rock partners with Tango to fulfill gift card rewards. Tango makes rewarding your members and referrals easy and straightforward with hundreds of options to choose from. You can find Tango's support page here.
Gift Card Options
Referral Rock offers a number of e-gift card options for rewards, including:
- Reward Link (This allows the user to choose from dozens of gift cards, including donations. Reward Link is available in 10+ currencies/options. See the Reward Link Catalog to learn more)
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Visa Prepaid (USD, CAD)
- Mastercard Prepaid (USD, EUR, GBP, HDK, JPY, AUD)
- Starbucks Gift Cards
- Donation Gift Cards
Gift cards are fulfilled via email and will include all instructions needed for the recipient to activate the card and redeem their rewards. What do Gift Card rewards look like for the recipient?
Is there a gift card that you like to use that isn’t on this list? Let us know!
Managing Gift Cards
> Navigation: Main Admin Page > Settings > Payouts or click here
Setting up a gift card payout and adding funds is as easy as following the steps below.
- Manage Account: Select the gear icon next to gift card to create and manage your Tango gift card account
- Add Funds to Your Account: In order for rewards to be issued to your Members or Referrals, there must be a balance on in your Tango account. You can do so by either funding your account using a credit card or ACH wire transfer. If you have added funds to your Tango account, your available balance will display on your Account Summary page.
- Add Gift Card as a Payout: This is done on the Reward Rules page of the program editor.
Adding Funds to Your Account
To distribute rewards using your Tango account, you must have the funds available to do so. There are two ways to add funds to your Tango escrow account: by using a credit card or by making an ACH/Wire transfer.
Adding a Credit Card
To fund your Tango account with a credit card:
- Click Manage Credit Cards under Tango Settings. You can add a credit card, add funds to your Tango account from your credit card, and delete saved credit cards on this page.
- Once you have added a credit card, click the Add Funds button, specify the amount you want to add (up to $5,000 USD), enter the security code on the back of your card.
- Click Submit.
- On your Account Summary page, note the Status of your funding.
- Success - The funding transaction has successfully completed and the funds have been added to your account.
- Pending - The deposit has been received but has not yet completed processing and may be subject to review by Tango. While an authorization has been requested from the issuing bank, a capture/settlement has not yet occurred, and therefore the credit card has not yet been charged. It may take up to end of the following business day for Pending deposits to complete processing and transition status.
- Declined - The funding transaction did not complete successfully and funds were not applied to the account. The credit card was not charged. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com and provide them with the information under "Help" on your Account Summary page.
Making an ACH/Wire Transfer
You also have the option of funding your account via ACH/wire transfer. The instructions needed to complete the wire transfer is found by selecting ACH/Wire Transfer on the Gift Card Account Summary page.
Refunds from Escrow Account
If you decide to cancel your Referral Rock subscription and there are still funds in your Escrow Account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. They will need the following information:
- Referral Rock Tango account number (can be found on the Manage Gift Card page)
- Primary Contact's Name, Email and Phone Number
- Physical Business Address
- Preferred Refund Method (Wire Transfer, Check or Credit Card (only if there was an original charge associated with your account)
There are no additional fees for returning funds and refunds take up to 2-3 weeks.
If a gift card has already been processed then it is considered a final sale and can't be canceled or refunded.