Integrating your Referral Rock program with your Squarespace Store is simple. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to provide referrals with coupons for use in your Squarespace store and to track referral purchases.
Setting Up a Static Squarespace Coupon Code for Referrals
Step 1: Follow these instructions to create a coupon code in Squarespace. Squarespace gives you plenty of options for customizing coupon code behavior in your store, so spend some time setting up the coupon just the way you want! After you save the coupon, take note of the code that you created.
Step 2: Now that you have a coupon code that works in Squarespace, it's time to put it into Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page or click here and choose Landing for Referral Capture.
- In Page > Layout Options, click Yes under Display a code to referral, click Static Code, and then paste your Squarespace code into the box below.
You'll want to spend some time customizing the landing page to make it perfect. The goal of the landing page is to give referrals a quick overview of your business, provide them with the static coupon code, and then pass them on to your store via the CTA button.
Referral Conversion Tracking in Squarespace
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with Squarespace is tracking conversions on your store. This will tell us which referral purchased from your store, the dollar value of their purchase, and who the member was that referred them so that you can reward that member.
- Navigate to your Squarespace Dashboard.
- Click Settings > Advanced > Code Injection from the menu.
- Enter your Squarespace Event Script (example below) in the Order Confirmation Page box at the bottom.
- Hit Save.
Squarespace Example Event Script
Automating Referral Approval in Referral Rock
Back in Referral Rock, you'll want to ensure that referrals are automatically approved.
- In the Program Editor > Referral or click here > Conversion Settings > Settings,
- Click the Yes box under Automatically approve referral?
- When you create member rewards, ensure you are using the Approved Referral Status as the event trigger for the reward.