Using TypeForm to capture referral information is ideal for any sales process that requires leads to fill out a form. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to redirect referrals to your form and to track referral form completions.
Setting up the Referral Redirect Page
Step 1: Obtain your TypeForm form link. The steps are outlined below.
- Log in to your TypeForm account and choose the form that you want to send referrals to.
- Click on the Share tab.
- Copy the link where it says "Your typeform lives in this link" and save it for the next step.
Step 2: Now that you have the form link that you want to send referrals to, it's time to set this as the referral page in Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page or click here and choose Redirect for Referral Capture.
- Click on the Redirect URL button and paste the form link from step 1.
- Click save.
Referral Conversion Tracking in TypeForm
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with TypeForm is tracking conversions on your form. This will tell us which referral filled out the form, which member sent them, and any information we choose to send back from the form submission to Referral Rock.
Conversion Page With Redirect
In our testing, we've found that the confirm page with redirect option for conversion tracking works great with TypeForm. In this scenario, we will redirect users from your TypeForm form to a Referral Rock page and then on to a final destination. The trick is appending the form submissions onto the end of the URL from TypeForm in a way that the Referral Rock page can pick them up.
Step 1: Set your Referral Rock confirm page with redirect settings. You'll need to log in to Referral Rock to do this.
- Navigate to this link and scroll down to the section titled Redirect URL.
- In the box, enter the URL you want users to end up on after they submit the form. Generally this is your home page or a custom landing page or thank you page.
- Next, copy the URL under the Confirmation Page section at the top for use in the next step.
Step 2: Set up your TypeForm submission settings. More details on setting up redirect can be found here.
- Open the TypeForm you are using for referrals.
- Under the Configure tab, scroll down and turn on Redirect after submitting.
- Enter the URL from step one in the box.
- Now, we will add variables to the end of the URL. First, start by adding a ? after the last backslash. See below for an example.
- Choose any of the parameters listed below, and then put an equals sign and then add the variable using the add variable button above the URL box in TypeForm. These will add as boxes with the name of the question in them, like in the image blow.
- Click save.
https://example.referralrock.com/confirm/?firstname= x 1 - Hi! What's your name? &email= x 2 - And email?
- externalidentifier - Typically something unique to the customer like customer/order number
- firstname - Passed as customer’s first name
- lastname - Passed as customer’s last name
- fullname - Full name can be sent as one field and will try to be parsed into first and last name, it’s preferred to use the separate first and last name fields
- email - Passed as an email address
- amount- Passed order amount/total
- companyname - company name
- referralcode - Can set to a member referral code, you can set to “TESTID” for testing
- phone - Passed as customer’s phone number
- note- Passed as any note or other information you want to see tied to the Referral
- publicnote - Passed as any note that you want to be publicly tied to the Referral
- preferredcontact - Passed as the customer’s selected preferred contact method
- customoption1name - Passed as a custom option 1 name
- customoption2name - Passed as a custom option 2 name
- customtext1name - Passed as a custom text 1 name
- customtext2name - Passed as a custom text 2 name
- customtext3name- Passed as a custom text 3 name
- customoption1value - Passed as a custom value tied to customoption1name
- customoption2value - Passed as a custom value tied to customoption2name
- customtext1value - Passed as a custom value tied to customtext1name
- customtext2value - Passed as a custom value tied to customtext2name
- customtext3value - Passed as a custom value tied to customtext3name