Table of Contents
Updated by Tyra Earl
Our invite automations provide an easy way for you invite anyone in contact with your business to join your referral program. This new feature has two main functions:
- Collect potential invites from your account and external sources (CRMs, email marketing, e-commerce purchases)
- Send out invites to your programs based on rules you determine or manually in a campaign
Invite automations allow you to "automate the ask" and create your own viral loops by automatically getting new members to share your business and get more referrals.
Sources & Rules
To view and configure your automated invite rules go to Invites > Sources & Rules from your main menu or click here
On the Sources & Rules page you can quickly see all of your automation rules, potential invites, along with a history of all invitations that have been sent/accepted.
Here you can see how many Invites have been sent through Invite Email Campaigns or Automation Rules and how many Members have been created from those methods over the last 30 days.
An Invite Email Campaign can be easily sent to all potential invites by clicking the Invite with an Email Campaign button. This allows you to send an email campaign to invite contacts to a program of your choice. See Invite Email Campaigns below for more information.
Sources and Automation Rules
In this section, you will determine which source(s) potential invites should pull from. Potential invites may come from your Approved Referrals, Web Conversions, API Feed, or your CRM.
Each Source shows:
- Invites: How many people have been invited from each automated rule source
- Joined: How many of those invites have become members from the automated rule
- Potential: Number of potential invites you have from that source that did not apply to a rule.
- If any potential invites exist for a given source, the number of invites acts as a link to create an email campaign to those potential recipients.
- Last Activity: Indicates the last time the source has received invite or potential invite information.
When a program is created, an Approved Referral Automatic Rule is created and enabled by default. You can enable/disable these rules by selecting "View Rules" and clicking the edit button that appears when you hover over the rule name. Each rule shows the name of the program that the referrals are approved in and which program those approved referrals would be invited to.
Configure Invite Rule Modal
When you edit an Approved Referral Rule, you can:
- Enable / Disable the Invite Rule
- Choose which program the approved referrals from the chosen program will be invited to
- Determine when to send the invite: Immediately, or choose "After day delay" and enter the number of days you would like our system to wait to send the invite after the referral is approved.
This source, when a rule is created and enabled, will automatically invite any contacts that come through as a Web Conversion that we have an email address for.
This includes all forms of web conversion, whether the conversion was successful or not. Only one Web Conversion rule can exist at a time. You may click on the Configure button to toggle the source to Enabled or Disabled depending if you want to collect Invites from Web Conversions.
When you create a rule, choose which Program you want these contacts to be invited to, along with when you'd like to send the invite.
Invite Feed API
Automatic Invite Rules can be created for Invite Feed API events through an API source such as Zapier. Any number of API rules can be added.
When you create a rule, you have the option of:
- Sending all API Invite Feed events an Automatic Invite to a chosen program
- Selecting an 'Event Filter' so you can trigger an Automatic Invite to a chosen program only if the
contactTypein the API call satisfies your chosen filter.
If an API call satisfies more than one rule, an invite will be sent from the top-most rule. By hovering over each API rule you can move the rule up or down, or delete the rule.
Invite Email Campaigns
Invites > Sources & Rules or click here
All of your Invite Email Campaigns are accessible on this page, showing Display Name, Subject Line, Status, Program, and Actions.
- View Email Campaign
- Clone Email Campaign
- Edit Email Campaign (only available if it has not been sent/scheduled)
- Delete Campaign (red x) or Cancel Scheduled Campaign (orange x)
In the top right hand corner, you can Create an Invite Campaign:
- Name your Campaign and choose the Program you want to invite contacts to. Click Next.
- You may either import a CSV of contacts to invite or choose to invite Potential Invites. After you have imported your contacts or selected your Potential Invites, click Next.
- If you choose Potential Invites, the Source dropdown is available to filter your Potential Invites
- You may Exclude any Potential Invite from the list by selecting Exclude.
- Adjust your template, subject line, and body as desired. Click Next.
- Choose "Now" or "Schedule"
- When you select Schedule, you are able to select a date and time.
- Choose Save (if Scheduled) or Send (if sending Now)!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many invites can I send? Do these count as members?
- Sent invites don't count against a your member limits, you can send email invites up to 4x the number of members in your account, if reach your limit, the unsent emails are queued up will be sent the next month.
- What happens if a potential invite is a member of an existing program but you want to invite them to another?
- Yes this will work, unless the user has unsubscribed from invites
- What happens if a user unsubscribes from an invite? Will that be for all invites to any program or just the one program?
- The user will be unsubscribed from all future invites of any program.