PayPal Self Service (Use your own PayPal Business account)
PayPal Self Service allows you to integrate your PayPal Business account with Referral Rock to issue payments in any currency. Our native PayPal integration uses an escrow account through Referral Rock, while the PayPal Self Service integration connects your existing PayPal Business account to Referral Rock allowing you to issue rewards in any currency.
Setting up the App within PayPal
To set up your App
- Log in to your PayPal developer account here.
- Navigate to My Account to ensure Payouts have been Enabled. Under the "Live" column, if it is already enabled you will see a green check mark. Otherwise, select Enable.
- To create your App, navigate to My Apps & Credentials and select Create App under REST API apps.
- Name your App, select your Sandbox developer account from the drop down menu, and Create App.
Make your App Live
- In your PayPal Developer account, navigate to My Apps & Credentials and select your App.
- In the top right corner, select Live to switch your App from Sandbox mode to Live.
- Scroll down to Live App Settings and check Payouts. Save.
- On the top of the page under REST API App Credentials, Copy your Client ID and Client Secret to use in the final steps of setting up the integration within Referral Rock.
Set up PayPal Self Service Payout in Referral Rock
- Navigate to Settings > Payouts
- Select Add Payout
- Name your Payout
- Choose PayPal Self Service under Select Type
- Select PayPal account or New Account
- Name the PayPal account
- Choose Currency type
- Enter PayPal's App Client ID
- Enter PayPal's App Client Secret
- Choose how you would like to handle reward distributions for members that have not provided an email address specific to PayPal.
- Select Add.
Managing your PayPal Self Service Accounts
- In Referral Rock, navigate to Payouts.
- On the right hand side under Self Service Paypal Account select Manage Account(s).
- Here you can view all of your accounts and their balances.