2017-2019 Release Notes
The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
Program Setup: Design Guide
New User Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Migration Checklist from old referral system to Referral Rock
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Referral Page (Web Page Builder)
Referral Page (Redirect)
Emails & Notifications
Registration Page (Classic)
Login and Reset Pages (Classic)
Member Page (Classic)
Referral Page (Overview)
Referral Page (Classic Form)
Referral Page (Classic Landing)
Email Editor v2
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Self Service (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Email Payouts (Coupons)
Using PayPal Escrow
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce v2
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Salesforce to Referral Rock Integration (Classic Version)
Facebook and Google SSO (Member Portal Classic)
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
Can a Customer Success Manager help me through my trial?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
Account & Billing
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What do the team roles mean?
Where can I upgrade my subscription?
Where can I pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my invoices and billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my data and statistics?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text template in the email invitation a member sends?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I add a video to my program?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
What do the Suggestion and Warning alerts on my Program Overview page mean?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
How can I limit the referral program so only our current customers can participate?
What is the difference between the Site view and the Widget View on the member classic pages?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
Are member referral codes case sensitive?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses that referrals can be in Referral Rock?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
What is the difference between a Payout and the program's Reward Rules?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my PayPal account?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa card from Tango?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I create a Member Segment?
What filters can I use to narrow down my Member list for a segment?
Can I edit or delete a segment?
When do I use a Member Segment?
What are member segments?
How can I view a list of all Members that are included in a segment?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
Image Dimensions (Classic Member Pages)
Table of Contents
Updated by Amber Liggett
The Registration Page is where advocates of your business register to become Members and is their first point of contact with your referral program. This article takes you through creating a Registration Page including creating a registration Email, customizing form fields, adding Facebook and Google SSO, and editing your Site Settings.
> Navigation: Main Admin Page > Programs > Select Program > Edit Registration Page (or click here) > Page
Page Options allows you to edit the Page Text, Images, Terms & Conditions, and Advanced options.
Registration Page Text
- Title: Displays in large text on all pages for this campaign.
- Description: Customize the basic offer section explaining what you are offering the "Member". This text will describe the offer to the users or a reason they should refer your business.
- Offer Text Alignment: Choose whether you want the offer text aligned to the left of the page or centered.
- Member Login Link Text: Displays a member login link. If you want to remove the link, leave this text blank.
- Additional Directions: This is an optional field that allows you to enter any additional information you want your members to know. It will display below the offer box and image, but above the registration
- Header Image: Customize what header you wish to be displayed. This optional image will display under the site header for this page. (recommended size 600x300px)
- Center Image: You can use an image to further explain the details of the process. Customize the image displayed on the Registration Page by uploading an image, selecting from the gallery, or removing the image completely. (recommended size 600x300px)
If the Require Terms and Conditions checkbox is selected, customers will be required to agree to the terms and conditions of your promotion in order to become members and participate in your rewards program. You can also choose how your terms display in this section.
> Navigation: Main Admin Page > Program > Edit Registration Page (or click here) > Form
In this section of the editor you can update the registration prompt, edit text fields, add custom dropdowns or textboxes, and customize the registration button. Below you will find a list of all editable options within this specific editor.
- Form: The registration form includes basic form fields by default. The basic form field includes name and email.
- Optional Fields: Phone number and date of birth fields can be displayed by enabling optional fields. Once enabled, these will become required fields if selected.
- Display Custom Dropdown: This is an optional dropdown that will display a dropdown title and a list of choices.
- Display Custom Textbox 1: This is an optional textbox with the choice between single or multiline. This will display a textbox name/question and a box for the Member to write their answer in.
- Display Custom Textbox 2: A second option textbox with the choice between single or multiline.
Form Validation Options
Custom form fields have additional validation options that can be applied:
- Required: This validation option is available for all custom field options. If a field is required, the Member will not be able to advance without satisfying the requirements for that field. In addition to this, you can also specify a minimum and maximum amount of characters for each required field. If you don't want character limits on form fields, set the minimum and maximum fields to 0.
- Digits Only: Only digits can be entered into the field. This can be combined with the required validation option. A minimum and maximum character value can also be set.
- Minimum Characters: Set the minimum character amount. The text field will be flagged if the user goes below this amount.
- Maximum Characters: Set the maximum character amount. The text field will be flagged if the user goes above this amount.
- Date Only: A date must be entered into the field. Dates must follow the mm/dd/yyyy format. This can be combined with the required validation option. A minimum and maximum character value can also be set.
Here you can add Facebook and/or Google SSO (Single Sign On) buttons above or below your Registration Form, allowing members to easily register for your program.
Edit Site Settings
Make changes to the Basic and Advanced Site Settings for your program.
- Basic Settings include customizing your business name, site header, and logo.
- Advanced Site Settings include editing site styles and adding tracking and analytics.