Member Portal 2.0
We are very excited to release our new Member Portal 2.0! This article outlines the portal editor and walks you through how to customize the portal for your referral program.
When you click the Branding button, you can personalize the member dashboard to fit your organization's brand. You can also edit the images and text for the portal's main pages.
- Standard Desktop Header: Set the header that appears on devices such as desktops and laptops. You can upload an image or remove the image here. The ideal image size is 400 x 70 pixels.
- Mobile Header: Set the header that appears on mobile devices. You can upload an image or remove the image here. The ideal image size is 200 x 70 pixels. (If no mobile header is specified, your Standard Header will be displayed on mobile devices)
- Favicon: Set the favicon that appears in the tab of your program pages. You can upload an image or remove the image here. (A favicon is the image that appears in the tab open a web page. You can see the favicon for this page, the blue Referral Rock logo, by looking at the open tab.
- No Index: By selecting "No Index," you can prevent Google from displaying your program pages in search results.
- Custom Portal Nav Items: Add custom navigation options on your program pages. You can set the name of the navigation options and the corresponding URLs. You can set up to 5 custom nav items.
- Accent Color: Enter a hex code or use our color picker! This color applies to icons, buttons, and the background color of the section of Member Portal 2.0 that you're currently viewing as shown above.
- Display Member Stats: Yes or No. Member Stats are shown at the bottom of the Portal.
- Display Mode: Image and Text or Image Only. In the case where you have a great image with text already showing what your program is about, you may want to use Image Only.
- Image: This image appears as the main image on your Portal, to the left of the Member's sharing options. Here you may Upload an image, select an image from our Gallery, or remove the image. Ideal image size is 545 x 150 pixels.
- Title: The Title appears under your Dashboard Image.
- Description: The Description appears below the Title and Image. This block of text is used to provide context for your referral program and encourage your Members to share.
- Display Referrals Page: Yes or No. This toggles the availability of the Referrals Page. If set to No, the Referrals tab will be removed and will not be accessible.
- Display Referral Note: Yes or No. Choose whether you'd like your Members to be able to view the Public Note associated with their Referrals.
- Display Referral Amount: Yes or No. Choose if you'd like to show your Members the purchase amount of the Referral.
- Display Rewards Page: Yes or No. If you choose to not show your Members their Rewards page, this tab will be removed and will not be accessible.
- Reward Currency Type: Select the currency type for the reward (for example, USD). If the reward doesn't have a currency type, you can select Units from the dropdown menu.
- Display Rewards Amount Decimals: Yes or No. If set to Yes, the reward amount will display with two decimal places (15.00). If set to No, the reward amount will display as a whole number (15).
Terms & Conditions
- Display Terms & Conditions: Yes or No. The Terms & Conditions are displayed in the footer of each page in the Portal.
- Display Mode: External Link or HTML Content.
- If set to External Link: Enter the URL for your Terms & Conditions page. When the Member views your Terms & Conditions, they will be redirected to this URL.
- If set to HTML Content: Create your Terms & Conditions in the following text boxes:
- Terms & Conditions Title: The Title of the page when the user views your Terms & Conditions.
- Terms & Conditions: Use our editor to create the body of your Terms & Conditions Page.
The Registration page is the default way of registering members for your referral program. The registration page provides people with information about your program and it makes signing up to become a member as easy as possible via the short form or Single-Sign-On (SSO) buttons.
By selecting the Edit icon next to 'Registration', you can edit the imagery and text for the registration page using the options below:
- Display Mode: Image and Text or Image Only. In the case where you have a great image with text already showcasing your Referral Program, you may want to use Image Only.
- Registration Image: Upload Image, Select an image from our Gallery, or Remove Image.
- Program Title: Title of your Referral Program, seen below the Registration Image.
- Registration Info: Use our text editor to explain the benefits of your Referral Program and encourage Registration. This text appears under your Program Title.
- Must Accept Terms & Conditions: Yes or No. If you would like to require your Members to check the box indicating they have read your Terms & Conditions, select Yes.
When you click the Language button under Portal Settings, you can customize all of the labels for the member portal. Click through the different tabs at the top to edit the language for each page and subsection, including the Registration, Login and Reset pages.
The share block is the section of the member portal where members will select how they want to share their unique link. In addition to the options displayed below, when viewing on a mobile device, members will also be able to share via Text Message (SMS), WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
When you click the Share button, you can change the Share Block text labels, including the share prompt, as well as the social, email, mobile and link direction labels.
Click between the different page names to preview what the public facing page will look like when your program is live.
Internal pages are the pages that only your members will see once they have logged into their portal
External pages are pages that can be seen by anyone with an external link to your referral program. For example, a link to the Registration page.
To edit a specific page, select the edit icon next to the page name.
Member Portal 2.0 embed experiences offer sharing options only and do not support the Member dashboard or statistics. For more information on this functionality and how to integrate your program with your website using an iFrame or widget, please reference our Member Portal 2.0 Embed Experience article.