The Additional Options page within your program editor allows you to set up some of the more procedural pieces of your referral program.
These are options that are related to a Member trying to join your program.
Choose how you want your users to register for your program.
- Open Registration: The user registers themselves to your program by signing up on your Registration Page.
- Request Registration: If the user is not on the pre-approved member list, their registration will need to be reviewed and approved manually by an Admin. You may customize the message that users that are not pre-approved will see.
- Closed Registration: If the user is not on the pre-approved member list, they will be automatically denied registration.
You may enable password protection here. If enabled, the user will be emailed a password upon successful registration. They will need to use this password along with their email address to log in to their member dashboard.
Referral Code Generation
A referral code is what uniquely identifies a Member. This is what ties a Referral to a specific Member in order to let you know where that Referral came from.
The generate mode refers to the standard rules that apply to the generation of the referral code. There are two options when it comes to generating a referral code:
- Personalized Code based on Member Name: This means that the referral code will be generated based on the Member's full name. So if the Member's name is John Smith, the referral code generated would be 'JOHNSMITH' (while still following all other generation rules).
- Randomly Generated: When enabled, all referral codes will be a randomly generated set of letters and numbers but will still follow any other generation rules enabled.
An optional prefix allows you to have a standard set of up to three characters across all referral codes generated within your program. Using the example above, if you set a prefix of 123 then John Smith's referral code would be '123JOHNSMITH'.
Minimum and Maximum Length
This allows you to set a minimum and maximum number of characters for your Member's referral codes. When setting these numbers, this excludes any prefix that you might have set.
Custom Email Notifications
Added Member - Get an email notification every time a new member joins your program
Added Referral- Get an email notification every time a new referral is added to your program
You may toggle these emails On/Off depending on your preference. You will determine where the notification emails get sent by entering the email address(es) in the email edit window.
These settings apply to all Referrals coming into your referral program.
- Fraud Settings - Your Fraud settings are automatically enabled to default settings in order to safeguard your referral program from any potential fraud. Configure them here.
- Conversion Tracking - Setup the conversion script on your site so that your referrals will be captured correctly. (necessary if you are not using Referral Rock's referral capture form)
- Conversion Settings - Allows you to automatically approve referral when they are added to the system, edit cookie expiration days, and determine which member cookie your program will credit when a referral has clicked on multiple member's links.
- Invite Approved Referrals - Send an email to your program's referrals inviting them to become members X number of days after they are approved (the default is 3 days).
- Send Referrals to HubSpot - (Growth and Established Business customers only) Automatically add your new referrals to HubSpot as a contact
- Send Referrals to Salesforce - (Established Business customers only) Automatically add your new referrals to Salesforce as a contact or lead