The Additional Options page within your program editor allows you to set up some of the more procedural pieces of your referral program. This article covers activating your program and setting Member and Referral options.
Activating Your Program
Your program must be activated for any external links to your program to work. Simply click 'Activate Program' and then 'Yes' to fully activate your program and enable all URLs.
These are options that effect a Member trying to join your program.
Choose how you want your users to register for your program: Self Service or Request Approval.
- Self Service: After registration, if self-service is selected for newly registering members, the new member will automatically be registered and brought to their Member dashboard.
- Request Approval: If request approval has been selected, customers will have to be approved by an Admin in order to join your program. Upon approval, the new Member will receive a registration email with the link to their dashboard and their password.
Referral Code Generation
A referral code is what uniquely identifies a Member. This is what ties a Referral to a specific Member in order to let you know where that Referral came from.
The generate mode refers to the standard rules that apply to the generation of the referral code. There are two options when it comes to generating a referral code:
- Personalized Code based on Member Name: This means that the referral code will be generated based on the Member's full name. So if the Member's name is John Smith, the referral code generated would be 'JOHNSMITH' (while still following all other generation rules).
- Randomly Generated: When enabled, all referral codes will be a randomly generated set of letters and numbers but will still follow any other generation rules enabled.
An optional prefix allows you to have a standard set of up to three characters across all referral codes generated within your program. Using the example above, if you set a prefix of 123 then John Smith's referral code would be '123JOHNSMITH'.
Minimum and Maximum Length
This allows you to set a minimum and maximum number of characters for your Member's referral codes. When setting these numbers, this excludes any prefix that you might have set.
These settings apply to all Referrals coming into your referral program.
- Fraud Settings - Your Fraud settings are automatically enabled to default settings in order to safeguard your referral program from any potential fraud.
- Conversion Tracking - Setup the conversion script on your site so that your referrals will be captured correctly.
- Conversion Settings - Allows you to approve referral on conversion, edit cookie expiration days, and determine which cookie your program will credit when a referral has clicked on multiple member's links.