2017-2019 Release Notes
The Definitive Guide to Referral Rock
Program Setup: Design Guide
New User Guide
Key Term Reference Guide
Success Checklist Part 1: Technical Review
Success Checklist Part 2: Branding and Messaging
Migration Checklist from old referral system to Referral Rock
Ambassador to Referral Rock: A Comprehensive Migration Guide
Build Your Program
Migration from Member Portal Classic to the new Member Portal
Referral Page (Web Page Builder)
Referral Page (Redirect)
Emails & Notifications
Registration Page (Classic)
Login and Reset Pages (Classic)
Member Page (Classic)
Referral Page (Overview)
Referral Page (Classic Form)
Referral Page (Classic Landing)
Email Editor v2
Rewards & Payments
PayPal Self Service (Use your own PayPal Business account)
Email Payouts (Coupons)
Using PayPal Escrow
Member Invite Automation
Site Settings and Domain Settings
Salesforce and HubSpot CRM Integrations
Referral Add to Salesforce
Referral Update with Salesforce v2
Referral Add to HubSpot
Referral Update with HubSpot
Salesforce to Referral Rock Integration (Classic Version)
Facebook and Google SSO (Member Portal Classic)
Pre-Approved Member Registration
Integrating Your User Interface
One Click Access
On-Site Widget (Overlay)
Link Widget (Embedded)
Member Portal Embed Experience
Referral Capture & Update
Universal Script: Convert 3rd party cookie to 1st party
(Advanced) Triggering Scripts on Non-Pageload Events
Active Campaign Forms
Best Practices / Guides
Referral Best Practices
Member Best Practices
Promotion Best Practices
W9 and 1099 Compliance
Testing Before Launch
Import Members and Referrals
Working with External Tracking and Scripts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between a Member and a Referral?
Can Referral Rock help me with designing my program?
Can a Customer Success Manager help me through my trial?
Can Referral Rock reward Members as well as Referrals?
How many domains can be integrated with Referral Rock?
Is Referral Rock compliant with GDPR?
How can I submit a product bug or feature request?
Account & Billing
I forgot my password! How do I log in?
How can I add a team member to my Referral Rock account?
What do the team roles mean?
Where can I upgrade my subscription?
Where can I pause or cancel my subscription?
I need to update my credit card information. Where do I go?
How do I update my company's address?
Where can I access my invoices and billing information?
What is my Member Limit?
What happens when I reach my Member limit?
Can I clear my data and statistics?
Can the same person be part of multiple referral programs?
How can I change the text template in the email invitation a member sends?
Can I add an additional custom field to the Member Registration form?
Would an extension like AdBlocker prevent us from capturing a referral?
Can Referral Rock integrate with Instagram?
How do I add a video to my program?
How do I get notified of new members and referrals?
What do the Suggestion and Warning alerts on my Program Overview page mean?
How many programs am I allowed to run at one time?
How can I limit the referral program so only our current customers can participate?
What is the difference between the Site view and the Widget View on the member classic pages?
What is the size of the Referral Rock widget?
What happens when I activate my program?
Can my referral program be run in other languages?
How do I see a list of all of my members?
How do I manually add a member?
Where do I see a specific member's activity, like their referrals and rewards?
What is a referral code?
Are member referral codes case sensitive?
What are Member Segments?
I have a list of customers that I’d like to automatically enroll as Members. Will an email be sent to them if I import a member CSV?
What information do I see on the Referral List?
What do I see when I view a Referral's details?
What are the different statuses that referrals can be in Referral Rock?
How do I manually add a referral?
How do I manually update a referral's status?
Is there an easy way for me to download all the referrals collected into a spreadsheet?
What is the difference between a Payout and the program's Reward Rules?
How can I schedule my payouts to issue at a certain time?
My product/service has a return policy. Can I apply an eligibility date to my reward?
How do I manually issue a reward?
A reward was issued to the wrong email. What do I do?
Can I reissue a reward?
What type of rewards can Referral Rock automate for me?
Can Referral Rock send a check or cash as a reward?
How do I fund my PayPal account?
How do I fund my Tango (Gift Card) account?
How does someone redeem their Prepaid Visa card from Tango?
Do I get an email when I have a pending reward?
Can I limit the annual reward amount for a recipient?
How do I create a Member Segment?
What filters can I use to narrow down my Member list for a segment?
Can I edit or delete a segment?
When do I use a Member Segment?
What are member segments?
How can I view a list of all Members that are included in a segment?
How do I change the delivery name and email for outbound emails sent from Referral Rock?
How do I add my company logo to Referral Rock emails?
What are the Email Sharing blocks?
Can I create my own templates?
What is the block list?
How can I prevent emails from going to spam?
How do I view emails by Program or Member?
Where can I see my email statistics and history?
I'm not sure if all of my emails were sent properly. How can I check?
How do I resend an email?
Configuration Activity Log
Program Activity Log
Image Dimensions (Classic Member Pages)
Updated by Tyra Earl
Our main HubSpot receiver integration allows for one-way communication from HubSpot to Referral Rock in order to update referrals based on HubSpot settings. Due to this, when using a Referral Rock hosted form, an additional integration (typically through Zapier) was required to ensure the referral exists in both HubSpot and Referral Rock.
With this new Referral Add to HubSpot integration, whenever a referral is added to Referral Rock, they are also added as a Contact in HubSpot.
In Referral Rock
- Log in and navigate to Settings > Integrations and scroll down to External Service Integrations and select Manage Integration under HubSpot, or simply click here.
- Under Sync Added Referrals, click Setup.
- Select the Program you would like to integrate with HubSpot and select Next.
- Connect a New HubSpot account or choose an existing connected HubSpot account.We have received reports that some browser extensions such as pop-up blockers may cause issues during set up in Referral Rock. Please disable your pop-up blocker or allow the pop-up when prompted.
- There will be a pop-up. Here you can choose which HubSpot account to connect. Select the proper account and then Grant access.
- Choose your desired Configuration for when a Referral is added in Referral Rock and the email address already matches a record in HubSpot:When using the Set Referral to Denied rule, if Referral Rock attempts to add a referral as a contact in HubSpot and the contact already exists but was added within the past 60 minutes, we will NOT set the referral to Denied in Referral Rock. This is to prevent conflicts with other integrations.
- Determine if you would like to map custom referral fields from Referral Rock to HubSpot. If you choose Yes, select the desired HubSpot field you'd like to map the Referral Rock custom field to from the drop down menu.
- Determine if you would like Referral Rock to automatically add the referring Member's information to the HubSpot contact.
Referral Rock automatically maps a source note and links to both the Referral and the referring Member in Referral Rock regardless of this setting.
- Referring Member Email
- Referring Member Name
- Referring Member Referral Code
- Determine if you would like to map custom member fields from Referral Rock to HubSpot. If you choose Yes, select the desired HubSpot field you'd like to map the Referral Rock custom field to from the drop down menu.
- Review your settings, toggle to Enabled if desired, and select Save.
- Add a Referral to your program to test. You will see the referral come in as a Contact in HubSpot.
That's it! If you would like to edit this setup in the future, you can do so here.