Referral Add to HubSpot
Our main HubSpot receiver integration allows for one-way communication from HubSpot to Referral Rock in order to update referrals based on HubSpot settings. Due to this, when using a Referral Rock hosted form, an additional integration (typically through Zapier) was required to ensure the referral exists in both HubSpot and Referral Rock.
With this new Referral Add to HubSpot integration, whenever a referral is added to Referral Rock, they are also added as a Contact in HubSpot.
In Referral Rock
- Log in and navigate to Settings > Integrations and scroll down to External Service Integrations and select Manage Integration under HubSpot, or simply click here.
- Under Sync Added Referrals, click Setup.
- Select the Program you would like to integrate with HubSpot and select Next.
- Connect a New HubSpot account or choose an existing connected HubSpot account.We have received reports that some browser extensions such as pop-up blockers may cause issues during set up in Referral Rock. Please disable your pop-up blocker or allow the pop-up when prompted.
- There will be a pop-up. Here you can choose which HubSpot account to connect. Select the proper account and then Grant access.
- Choose your desired Configuration for when a Referral is added in Referral Rock and the email address already matches a record in HubSpot:When using the Set Referral to Denied rule, if Referral Rock attempts to add a referral as a contact in HubSpot and the contact already exists but was added within the past 60 minutes, we will NOT set the referral to Denied in Referral Rock. This is to prevent conflicts with other integrations.
- Determine if you would like to map custom referral fields from Referral Rock to HubSpot. If you choose Yes, select the desired HubSpot field you'd like to map the Referral Rock custom field to from the drop down menu.
- Determine if you would like Referral Rock to automatically add the referring Member's information to the HubSpot contact.
Referral Rock automatically maps a source note and links to both the Referral and the referring Member in Referral Rock regardless of this setting.
- Referring Member Email
- Referring Member Name
- Referring Member Referral Code
- Determine if you would like to map custom member fields from Referral Rock to HubSpot. If you choose Yes, select the desired HubSpot field you'd like to map the Referral Rock custom field to from the drop down menu.
- Review your settings, toggle to Enabled if desired, and select Save.
- Add a Referral to your program to test. You will see the referral come in as a Contact in HubSpot.
That's it! If you would like to edit this setup in the future, you can do so here.