Integrating your Referral Rock program with 3dcart is simple. We'll go step-by-step through the setup needed to provide referrals with coupons for use in your 3dcart store and to track referral purchases.
Setting Up a Static 3dcart Coupon Code for Referrals
Step 1: Create a coupon promotion in 3dcart. Follow these instructions to create a coupon code in 3dcart. 3dcart gives you plenty of options for customizing coupon code behavior in your store, so spend some time setting up the coupon just the way you want! After you save the promotion, take note of the coupon code that you created.
Step 2: Now that you have a coupon code that works in 3dcart, it's time to put it into Referral Rock.
- In your program editor, navigate to the Referral Page or click here and choose Landing for Referral Capture.
- In Page > Layout Options, click Yes under Display a code to referral, click Static Code, and then paste your 3dcart code into the box below.
You'll want to spend some time customizing the landing page to make it perfect. The goal of the landing page is to give referrals a quick overview of your business, provide them with the static coupon code, and then pass them on to your store via the CTA button.
Referral Conversion Tracking in 3dcart
The next step in setting up Referral Rock to work with 3dcart is tracking conversions on your site. This will tell us which referral purchased from your store, the dollar value of their purchase, and who the member was that referred them.
- Log in to your 3dcart Store Manager.
- On the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select Content.
- Select Titles and Content from the dropdown.
- On the Titles and Content Page, scroll down to the Main Pages section of the screen.
- Select Checkout #4.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and paste your 3dcart Event Script (example below) into the Footer textbox.
- Hit Save.
3dcart Example Event Script
externalidentifier: "[invoice-prefix] [invoice-number]",
Automating Referral Approval in Referral Rock
Back in Referral Rock, you'll want to ensure that referrals are automatically approved.
- In the Program Editor > Referral (or click here) > Conversion Settings > Settings,
- Click the Yes box under Automatically approve referral?
- When you create member rewards, ensure you are using the Approved Referral Status as the event trigger for the reward.